Julie Hahnke and Cecropia Strong host their 2nd Annual Gala, which features exciting silent and live auction items!
Cecropia Strong’s 2nd Annual Gala & Auctions on Sunday, Oct. 16, will feature over 24 exciting auction items, including but by no means limited to…
• A wonderful chance for two to sail aboard one of Newport's America's Cup 12-Meter yachts for two hours, at a time to be negotiated. The captain and crew will help those wishing to be involved in the sailing - no sailing experience necessary.
• Four seats at a Red Sox game, 10 rows behind home base Including parking. You can choose from the 2023 schedule, and you’ll usually get one of your top three choices.
• Whale Watching on Stellwagen Bank for eight aboard the elegant 38-foot picnic boat “CAROLINE," custom built in Maine, with gourmet snacks, lunch and refreshments including beer and wine.
• A 3-course dinner for two at Symphony Hall's Prelude, and two Orchestra tickets to the Boston Symphony Orchestra on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2023 at 8 p.m. Includes wine, tax and gratuity. Andris Nelsons conducts Beethoven, Bloch, and Simon with Sheku Kanneh-Mason, cello.
• A private helicopter tour for two of the old Newport mansions. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Rosecliff Mansion, Marble House, and The Elms. Look from above at Hammersmith Farm, the Kennedy’s Newport summer home, and experience The Breakers.
The evening will include a cash bar and begin with the silent auction, passed hors d'oeuvres, and a food station from 5:15 until 6:30 p.m. A full surf & turf dinner of salmon and a petite club steak will be served. The live auction will be conducted from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. by Gene Arnould, with a break for dessert.
The proceeds from this gala will help Hahnke’s organization fund four programs to date: Amy’s Gifts of Hope, Intercollegiate Assistive Technology Hackathons, Driver Rehabilitation Grants and The Phillips Family Aphasia Program Grants. These are endeavors that address real needs and offer hope to those with physical disabilities.
The 2nd Annual Gala & Auctions will take place at The Masons’ Philanthropic Lodge, 62 Pleasant Street in Marblehead on Sunday, Oct. 16, beginning at 5 p.m. and will be catered by Louise Moore and Every Little Breeze.
“We care about everyone's safety. If you haven't had your latest COVID vaccine, please don't come. We'll be just as grateful for a donation!” Hahnke said.
Tickets to the Cecropia Strong Gala & Auctions are $100 each and can be purchased on the website at https://cecropiastrong.org or checks can be sent to Cecropia Strong, 141 Elm Street, Apt. 2, Marblehead, MA 01945. Donations in any amount are also welcome.
For more information, contact: